Bill,

The 1N5711 diodes in the KAT100 and the KPA100 wattmeter could have been damaged from the excessive RF voltage applied, and it would be wise to check them. OTOH, if your power output control and SWR indications are normal, those diodes are working. If the K2 receiver works (check with the preamp on/off), then the preamp and mixer are likely OK. I would expect the other components to survive. The T/R switch diodes in the base K2 can provide a lot of protection because the rectified voltage would be in opposition to the normal receive bias levels.

73,
Don W3FPR

OE5CSP-Chris wrote:

Well, when setting up for SKN I did a dumb thing with my K2/100. My rig for SKN is a 40m two-tube transmitter that puts out about 50 watts. Somehow, I ended up connecting it to the cable that leads to the K2, instead of the one that leads to the antenna.

So, I ended up putting about 50 watts into the KAT100 antenna 1 lead. Most of the time, the K2 was listening on antenna 2.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done wrong. Amazingly, the K2 appears to be fine, but I'll want to take it apart, and the KAT100 and look for any damaged components.

Anyone have any advice on components to check in a K2/100 and KAT100 that have had RF fed down the wrong way?

I did end up with three contacts for SKN.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]