-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Ferrington,
M0XDF
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:39 AM
To: elecraft
Cc: Don Agro
Subject: [Elecraft] K3 - modes and band/freq

I appear to be having some problems with MacLoggerDX and the K3 (the author,
Don and I are in communication on this).
It looks like when sending a mode change, followed by a freq change, that
the mode does change at the current freq, then the freq changes and the mode
is commonly LSB. This is when double-clicking a DX Cluster entry.
If I send a mode change from the interface, that changes ok. If I resend the
mode/freq change by double-clicking again, it sets it correctly the second
time.

If I manually change the mode for the freq, using the K3 [MODE] button, the
K3 appear to remember the mode.

One question Don has is 'Can you check the K3 manual to see if has some kind
of "Auto Mode" selection based on frequency ?'

Well, I couldn't see anything that said so, so thought I'd ask here.

I also thought Simon and Julian  - both if whom have written PC software,
may be able to shed some light on this?

I would like to make it clear that MLDX works with many radios without
problems, including K2, and works with my FT-857. It's a great program.

No finger pointing, just trying to get to grips with the combo of great rig
and great s/w.

--
God gives every bird his worm, but he does not throw it into the nest.
-Swedish proverb