Interesting discussion. I have a question  regarding this topic I hope the
more learned in the group cans help clarify.  Although efficiency is important
is determining an antenna selection, is antenna  lobe pattern just as
important? If the lobe pattern did not allow you to say  work DX or to work a
particular direction then is efficiency all that important?  Should we look at
the
desired pattern for a particular operating goal then  consider the antenna
efficiency?

Alan KB7MBI
Woodinville, WA
FISTS:  5702   CC: 1885   ARS: 582