Roy,

I do it on all K2s I work on which have  the KSB2 option installed.
I always solder to the mic jack and to the ground plane right below it (scrape away a bit of the green solder mask material). Yes, it takes a good deal of heat to bring the jack shell up to temperature. Heat it with a 'big gun' until the solder flows on the shell. I solder on a small "L" shaped piece of wire - leave it long until after it is soldered in so you can hold onto the wire with pliers..

73,
Don W3FPR

Roy Morris wrote:
I am presently using two small compression springs attached to each side of the
standoffs at the mic jack.  These springs snug against the mic jack on two
sides grounding the jack.   Over time these springs tend to oxidize preventing
a good contact.  I don't like using the wire loop method of grounding as it is
a variation of my method.  I would like to know if the mic jack metal will
accept solder with a reasonable amount of heat using a 100/140 watt soldering
gun.  Has anyone grounded the mic jack this way?  Thanks,  Roy Morris  W4WFB