After a week of building a new K1, I was anxious to try it out and get on the
air.

Imagine my dismay when all I could hear was a racous cacaphony of RTTY
splatter from 7.025 to 7.100.  Similarly 14.060 was also RTTY hell.

I was even pushed off of 10.130 (WARC) by an incessant RTTY "CQ TEST".

I wonder what drives the ritty boys to swamp the traditional CW bands and
wipe out the QRP calling freqs - oh yes, now I remember, the ARRL has deemed
CW as non-relevant.

Renewal of my ARRL membership is becoming less and less attractive.

WA7CS
ARRL member since 1970
ARRL EWA HF Awards Manager