I have connected a Steppir antenna to my K3.
The Steppir frequency and band tracking of the K3 works fine when I am using my logging program. It also works fine after I send an AI1; command to the K3 using the K3 utility. I can then shut off the computer. But when the power is cycled on the K3, the K3 turns off the broadcast status command. So I would have to boot the computer and resend the AI1; command to get the Steppir to track the K3 without the logging program running.

So to get the AI command to not reset during a power cycle,
at 12:44 PM today I sent a request to Elecraft support, along with my rationale. At 1:25 PM today I received a note from Gary Surrency that said he forwarded it to Wayne for his consideration. At 1:29 PM I received a note from Wayne that he just added it to his short list.
At 7:29 PM Wayne sent the following email:

"John,

I just made the AI parameter "sticky" so you won't have to do it on each power-up. You'll have to set it one time; this can be done using the "Command Tester" screen in K3 Utility.

The changes will appear in revision 1.57 (or later), which isn't yet released. Watch for the announcement.

73,
Wayne
N6KR "

Now I had high expectations, but less than 7 hours elapsed time from suggestion to incorporation in an upcoming release. WOW! 2008 is going to be a very good year.

Aloha,
John Buck KH7T