Question: Aside from the switch to change from a 1:1 to 4:1, what are the
differences between the BL1 and BL2? I've never seen either, however it
appears to me that the BL2 has two binocular cores, and the BL1 has a single
core.  Is this so?

Answer - The BL2 is rated at 250W.  The BL1 was rated at 150W. The BL2 is a
little higher because of the two cores. I have both the BL1 and BL2, and
also a modified BL1.  I ordered the BL2 blank PC board and the slide switch
and mounted the core from a BL1 on it and ended up with a switchable BL1.

I would like to someday change those round plastic adjustable screws to
screws with wing nuts.