Bob,

Those DC voltages are not significant to your problem.

The BFO signal is routed through the KSB2 board and for SSB it serves as the carrier frequency for the balanced modulator while on CW the components around Q3 route the BFO signal from P1 pin 12 , through Q3 and back out to P1 pin 7. If the problem occurs on both CW and SSB, it is likely associated with these few components, and certainly may be a bad solder connection, or even an unsoldered one.

Check C42, D3, RP3, D5, C40, Q3 and C39 as well as P1 pins 12 and 7 on the KSB2 board. There is also a chance that Q1 and Q2 along with their associated components could have some effect - check the schematic to identify the connected components.

73,
Don W3FPR

Bob Evans wrote:
My K2/100 has been working great for the year and a half (except for a bad
power cord once) since I built it, but it just recently presented me with a
perplexing problem.  Since I don't get on SSB very often, I don't know how
long this has been an issue, but the symptom is that when I start
transmitting in SSB, power is OK for about 3-4 seconds and then power shuts
down to zero on both SSB and CW.  When I remove the SSB board and install
bypass jumpers (and recommended capacitor), the rig works perfectly in CW.
When I reinstall the SSB board, same problem; i.e. 3-4 seconds of good SSB
power and then power shuts down to zero.
Thinking that the problem must be on the SSB board, I took voltage
measurements on all the SSB board ICs.  The only voltages from the IC
voltage table that were off were these:
U2-5   RX and TX was .47V rather than .6 (probably not significant?)
U2-2   TX was 5.63V rather than 5.9V
U2-8   TX was 3.1V rather than 5.4V
U3-5   RX was .25V rather than .4V
U3-6   TX was .64 rather than .8-1.2V
U4-3   RX was .47V rather than .6V
Anybody care to venture a guess on what these symptoms could mean?