The stock K3 has a TCXO already, so the question needs to be more specific (but we know what you mean).
The stock TCXO is rated at 5 ppm while the optional TCXO is rated at 1 ppm.
In a normal controlled temperature environment, I personally see no need for the high stability option, but for applications where the temperature swing is greater (mobile operation for example), the TCXO would produce a reduced drift.

An excerpt from a message from Wayne Burdick on that subject stated:
"On 20 meters, 5 PPM translates to about ± 100 Hz total over the range of 0-50 C. But if you're operating at around room temperature most of the time, you'd probably experience something more like ± 10 Hz."

The optional TCXO would have about 1/5th that amount of drift. It does depend on how much temperature swing your thermostat allows in your 'normal room environment'.

73,
Don W3FPR

DaleJ wrote:
Has anyone checked the real world stability of the K3 WITHOUT the TCXO option
installed? At room temps.