Greetings all, and FWIW:

Downloaded the new K3 firmware utility v 1.1.1.7 and installed it, and then started a firmware download for the new K3 firmware 1.58/1.48 by clicking on "Send all new firmware to K3". The MCU firmware downloaded OK; the DSP download ran until three bars showed in the progress indicator, and then Windows XP blue-screened, leaving the K3 disabled with a DSP error. I tried this several times and got the same result at about the same point in the download. Then I tried lowering the baud rate of the K3's serial port from 38400 to 9600, and was able to get the DSP firmware loaded, though it took a looooong time. Don't know what changed, but I've done several firmware downloads previously at 38400 and never had a problem. No other hardware/software changes have been done on the PC for some time. Wonder if anybody else has experienced something like this with the new version of the K3 utility? I also notice that while the download is running, the K3 display repeats "new K3 utility required" over and over, but often sending only a few characters and then starting over again. Don't know if this is significant, but......

73, Van W1WCG

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Hoaglun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Elecraft List" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 11:10 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] XV222 tune-up issues Solved

I figured out my tune-up issue. After some pondering, checking that all of the pieces were in the right spot and looking at the data about the test points in the back of the book I figured out that I needed to tweak R39. Once I did that I started getting RF output and then the rest of the tune started working MUCH better. R39 need to be adjusted higher than the 20mv @ TP5 that is listed in the book. That was the magic for me.

I will be wiring it up tonight into the station so that I can try to get it tested on the air tomorrow night.

We are a little over a week from the Jan VHF contest and I am still building things.

73

--

John Hoaglun
NG0R - EN25