Bill,

Am I missing something here .... ?

I can set ... and LOCK ...  a frequency in the main VFO A
knob / display and then move it to the VFO B knob / display
using the A/B button.  Then, by activating the SPLIT function
I think I have what you're suggesting.

This is the way I always operate.  The VFO B knob is too
easily bumped when poking at the SPOT and CWT buttons.
and the buttons to the right of the VFO A knob.

I've never used RIT on a radio ... reading the actual frequency
on the dial display saves the brain effort to figure out what the
"real' received frequency is. (:-))

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:

For me it's not like doing "sort of" RIT with the big knob, it makes
RIT
unnecessary.

Same here.  Now if Elecraft would just assign the RIT knob to the Main
knob,
when both Lock and RIT are enabled, you could use the main knob to tune
your
RX while TX freq is locked.  This would be really nice for running in
contests.  Piexx did this in their TS-930S digital board upgrade many
years
ago and I've suggested it to Elecraft.

73,  Bill  W4ZV