Hello Dave:

The errata with the list of features is the one you should have received
with the Owner's manual. The current one on the Elecraft web site is C1-1
dated Nov 18.

http://www.elecraft.com/manual/K3%20owner's%20man%20errata%20C1-1.pdf

It sounds like you were looking at the errata sheet for the Kit assembly
manual.

I have a 6 kHz filter as well, and for best audio fidelity I use a SSB mode
to listen to broadcast AM. The excellent stability and high tuning accuracy
of the K3 means I just punch in the frequency I want and even music is
within one or two Hz of the right frequency - much too close for me to hear
any tone error.

As Lyle noted, the I.F. bandwidth of an AM signal is *twice* the audio
bandwidth since there are two sidebands that must fit through the 6 kHz
filter bandpass on an AM signal. I find that's FB on Ham AM signals, but
those commercial AM stations who make full use of their 5 kHz audio
bandwidth are cut off at about 3 kHz in AM mode. Gong to SSB mode with the 6
KHz filter allows the full audio bandwidth through.

Ron AC7AC