Lyle,

My vote is for the KX-1 would be for a a denoiser only.......
Why??
- the KX-1 is basically a dedicated CW rig so no notch filter ...
- the KX-1 variable crystal filtering is more than adequate
But I have now way of digging through the local QRN...

I can't commetn on the K1.... don't have one ;-\

Keep thinking  ;=))
Happy New Year...

Dave KK7SS
Lyle Johnson wrote:

>> If a really low power DSP could be made for the K1 and/or KX1 - say,
>> one that consumes 10 to 15 mA from a nominal 6V supply, less from a
>> higher voltage - which features would you be seeking?
>> Selectable bandpass filters?  Auonotch?  Denoiser?
>> Which would you be wiling to give up?
>>
>> No, there is no project like this in the works, but I tend to think
>> about DSP...

-
Dave G, KK7SS
'65 MKIII Sprite, Richland, WA