Charlie,

When the RTTY filter set is selected, the transmission path is through the KSB2 (OP1) filter, so yes, you will have to set RTTY FL1 to OP1 (or OP2 -- OP4, all the same filter).

You are placing the filter passband for transmission, and not for receive. FL2 through FL4 can be set to any width you desire - I generally set them for 1000, 700 and 400 and center them at 1000 Hz - then in operation, I tune the desired signal to the vicinity of 1000 Hz with the VFO knob and then click on the software display to fine tune it. Works for me.

73,
Don W3FPR

Charlie, W0YG wrote:
I have seen folks indicate it is necessary to set OP1 as FL1 when calibrating
the RTTY filters.  Is this true or can you set it to any width as long as
the filter is calibrated so the signal is in the center of the bandpass?

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>