Kevin Rock wrote:

>    I read the sun was acting up and between nets read about aurora in
> Scandinavia.  Thus our conditions seem to have improved through the action
> of the sun.  Now that we are starting upward again that will occur more
> frequently.  I am glad of that since working through the very bottom of
> the cycle was getting tiring!

Last week's sunspot from the next cycle does indeed show the start of the
next cycle, but you won't see any real improvement until 2010 at the
earliest, maybe later. That was a single spot, later ones were still from
the last cycle. The sunspot number at the moment is zero, conditions
basically flat, yesterday's disturbance not caused by spots at all. Any
feeling that you had good conditions was just in the mind...

73 Dave G3YMC