Both good sources, but a list of "don't do this..." as advised by John [K7SVV] might save a lot of headaches. It would be an impossible task to make such a list from scratch, but if operators find things out the hard way, it might also lead to software changes.

David
G3UNA

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Ferrington, M0XDF" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "David Cutter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Crafters" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] List of tips

Yes, or rather Wayne is maintaining a operating Tip page on Ecraft site and
zerobeat has LOTS of info, including error message tips and FAQ etc at
http://www.zerobeat.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

On 18/1/08 07:22, "David Cutter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

I hope someone is making a list of tips like this, they will be invaluable
for us all.

David
G3UNA

Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: Strange VFO Behavior

What ever you do, don't press the SPLT button to go into split mode when you have the condition you described because if you do, you will screw up
the band sequence when you step through the bands.  At one point I had 3
80m bands and no 60m and 40m when I cycled through the bands. Until Wayne
gets it fixed, be careful to not have different bands in VFO A and B.

John [K7SVV]