I got the K3/100 together in about 9 hours after it arrived at noon
yesterday.  I guess the options added more time than I thought it would, but
everything went perfectly.  Even if this rig never got powered up, it is
truly a work of art.

When I powered it up, everything tested out perfectly.  It took me a couple
of reads through the manual to figure out how to activate the KPA3, but that
came up perfectly after I chose the correct menu setting.  I love the sound
of the side tone and the variable pass band is fantastic even with 1.0 kHz
being my narrowest filter until the backordered 500 Hz arrives.  The most
startling thing though was when I hit the AFX button just to see what that
meant...WOW, truly awesome.  I was in the middle of my first QSO (40M CW)
and the guy was very weak, but after I narrowed the bandwidth and hit the
AFX button, he jumped out of the noise.  What a pleasure.  This rig may make
a rag chewer out of a contester.  (Naw, probably not  ;-)  )

I have only scratched 1% of what this rig will do so far, but it will be a
pleasure to read the manual with an actual K3 in front of me as I learn this
radio.  I tried reading the manual before the rig arrived and it just didn't
sink in very well, but now I can put the word, feel, look and sound
together.

Thanks Elecraft!!!
Bob K5WA