Keith,

> To all those out there who insist on knocking Elecraft for trying to
> give us the best radio in the marketplace I would ask, if you want a
> Rolls Royce you would be prepared to join the 2-3 year waiting list ,
> wouldn't you?

If I were fortunate enough to be able to afford a Rolls Royce, I would
know up front that there was going to be a two year wait AND Rolls would
provide me an ACCURATE delivery schedule up front.  There is no clarity
or accuracy to Elecraft's delivery schedule.  In my case, we're already
two months past the advertised delivery date and major features are on
an indefinite delay.  Even so, I have placed an order for a second K3
to secure a place in line for that radio - whenever that time comes.

After three months of production, I don't think it is too much to ask
for Elecraft to provide accurate delivery schedules to their customers.
They don't need to post them publicly but each order on the list should
receive a sequence number or "production week" privately and the shipping
status should be updated at least weekly.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV