I'm looking at the options for a RX-only antenna on a stock K3. I understand that the primary way of doing this is with the KXV3. However, since I don't have a need for the transverter interfaces, or running a 2nd rig off the RX ANT OUT jack, I think the KAT3 will be more useful in the long run for me.

Per the FAQ, "The second antenna on the KAT3 can also be set as an RX antenna in the menu configuration." I take it this means that, e.g. I can TX on ANT1 and the K3 will switch over to ANT2 on RX. Cool. My concern is that I (or my kids) will accidentally switch the TX over to ANT2, and my planned RX-only (truly, RX-only) antennas will get fried.

Is it possible, via the menus, to make one of the KAT3's jacks as "RX only," and not just "RX"? I read through several emails back in the August 07 time frame concerning this topic, but I didn't see my specific question brought up. Also, much of those conversations revolved around use of the second receiver.

73,

Mike
KW1ND