LA2MOA noted undesirable behavior in his K2's receiver,
the reason for which was suggested by GM4ESD.  This
behavior is due to an environment that apparently the K2
was not really meant to be used in - one with plenty of
strong signals about.

Yet this is one of the things that many folks rave about
the rig & is one of the main reasons why I got one myself -
its strong signal-handling ability.

Sadly, the K2 wilts here - with what LA2MOA observed, but
even more so from its AGC image response.  Also
unfortunate is that it appears that mods developed in EU to
address these two issues are not sufficient for the
environment here.

I sincerely hope that the K3 will not be like American or
some European cars that can't deal with extreme cold/heat/
humidity/whatever & is only found out by unwitting customers
after it is too late - after all, the K3 is meant to be a "real radio",
not something for backpacking.

Hans: I suspect you will find the aggregate energy at the
input of your new K2 to be higher now than your when using
your previous K2.  Just like the SteppIR antenna here, there
are days when things are pedestrian enough that these
problems do not manifest themselves in my K2.  If you have a
spectrum analyzer, it is very clear what is going on.

Oh, how I hope the K3 is suitable for other than just those
in ITU Region 2.  ;^)

73, VR2BrettGraham.