Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:

> If you use the KIO2, you
> won't need to use the PTT line with such programs, as they can send the
> K2's TX and RX commands over the serial port, so you only need the one
> serial port, not two.

I have only ever used one serial port and have used a PTT and CAT control
using the same port. With MixW I use the CAT command for TX/RX keying and
the DTR line for Morse keying. But because the key jack doubles as PTT on
the K2, DTR works for conventional PTT as well for software that doesn't
support CAT keying.

But to return to the original question, the KIO2 is certainly not essential
for PSK use.

-----
Julian, G4ILO  K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com