Toby,
Yes, that is a sensible way to do it. Does anyone have a simple circuit for this in an SO2R setup, where you would need to ground the RX input to the transmitting radio without grounding the receiving antenna that might also be connected to the second radio?
 73, andy, ae6y
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3/100 RF Feedback/Spurious oscillations ?

about it or not, but would be interested in solving this problem, as it
impacted my ability to use our beverages on RX.

At the Bavarian Contest Club's contest QTH we use a simple relay to disconnect the rigs reception antennas whenever the rig goes to a TX state. A simple relay, a few simple parts and the PTT/KEY signal do the trick.

Many rigs do not switch the RX antenna input when transmitting, so this always requires a bit of care - especially at high power levels.

vy 73 de toby