I have been playing catch up with my K2 (#436) and recently installed the A - B mods as well as adding the KAF2 AND KNB2 options. All was well until I added the KNB2 option. When I added the KNB2 option, I noticed that my output levels had dropped. I then discovered that I had forgot to change the resistors on the RF board.

Once that was done, I had improved audio, but the S-meter is reading low. With the KNB2 installed and the pre-amp on, I get about an S3 when I am tuned to the XG1 generator signal set to 50 microvolts. If I bypass the KNB2 by shorting pins 1 to 6 on J12, I get the full S9 reading.

I have pulled C8 to isolate the bandpass filter and my S-meter readings remain at S3. Is this normal or might I have a problem with the bandpass filter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

73, Bob Scott W4ZY
Woodbridge, VA