Ok so I just bought a GM4 mic shown at the link below:
http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/gm/index.htm

I've ordered the K3 but it's a ways out so I just wanna make sure I have all
the right things in place.  From what I understand in order to run the Heil
dynamic mic with the K3 I want to set the mic input for High gain and no 8V
bias on pin 8.

Now I'd like to use the rear jack for the mic but I've had a bit of a hard
time figuring out the cable I need.  I'm sure that I could probably find a 4
pin XLR to 1/4" headphone jack and then could get a mono 1/4" to 1/8"
adapter but that sure seems like a big wad of connector to have sitting on
the K3's jack all the time.  (any thoughts?)

Finally I've been considering just dealing with the minor annoyance of
having the mic plugged into the front the cable I think I'd need is the CC-1
K.  If I get this cable, that should work with my Kenwood TS-450Sat in the
mean time while I wait for the K3 right?

Also I've got the mic and I have the SM-1 suspended shock mount system
coming in the mail here soon so I'll be in the market for a boom...  I've
been told that some people like the q-mic boom (http://www.q-mic.com) anyone
else have any other favorites?

Any other suggestions or pitfalls to avoid would be appreciated as well.