-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of AD6XY - Mike
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2008 4:05 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 - hang up problem

Fixing it by changing bands and weak reception afterwards is the key to
this.
No SSB is also a clue. I would say you have a problem in the switching
between TX and RX. It is not the RF side of things (e.g. switching diodes)
as it would not reset, it must be in the control signals. Somehow the +TX
and +RX control lines are not doing what they should be. The fact that is
does still TX OK probably means the +TX line is fine. I would concentrate on
the +RX line. Also look for any bad contacts or short circuits. This could
also be a software glitch, and a full reset to factory defaults may clear it
up.

Mike