A few days ago, I discovered some polycarbonate boxes in the camping
section of our local Wal-Mart.  They are watertight, have an O ring
gasket around door fitting, clear (with a blue tint), and come in 2
sizes.

I couldn't find them on the WM website, but did find them on the
Outdoor Products site:
http://www.outdoorproducts.com/proddetail.aspx?sku=172OP

The larger box fits my KX1 (with the paddle attached) and leaves a
little room to spare for extra batteries, antenna, mini-manual, etc.
I imagine that the smaller box would hold Altoid's tin-sized rigs with
a little room to spare as well.

Oh yeah, these boxes will set you back a whopping $7 & $9 at Wal-Mart
for the small and large sizes, respectively.

Cheers,
Tom
kf4tzk