I haven't seen it mentioned, but if you have a standard tower computer,
there are RS-232 PCI cards available which give you 2 or 4 true serial
ports, and they are pretty cheap.

My Ham Station computer is a Shuttle about the size of a shoe box, which
came with one serial port.  I added a card for two more serial ports and it
also has two USB ports rear and two on the front, as well as a 1 Gigabit
Ethernet card on board.  All the connectivity you could need.

Vy 73, Bob WU5T/DJ0MBC

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
17:49