Hi group,

I was just wondering if anyone has done TX power measurements with precision measuring gear and compared these measurements against the K3's internal indication of the output power? Just curious here. The K3/100 is advertized as a 100W transceiver (or should that be "100W class"?) and the power control on my unit goes up to 120W. With the PWR cranked up to 120W the K3's bargraph meter does indeed show 120W output. The only external measuring tool I have is one of those cross-needle meter (Daiwa CN801H) which I know displays the output power a few % low into a known good dummy load but I've never been in a position to accurately determine just *how much* low. The Daiwa's spec sheet mentions 10% FS excursion error so that would translate into a 20W uncertainty at the 200W meter scale setting. Any input would be much appreciated. I know that there will be no discernible difference on the receiving end when going from 90W to 110W but as they say... inquiring minds want to know.

73 es tnx

Glenn ON4WIX
K2/100 #5361
K3/100 #192