Well, I got my K2 working again. Don't understand why, but it is working
fine.

My K2 sits on a XV50. I had unplugged the 12V to the XV50 to use the 12V
line for the K3. It turns out if I unplug the 12V line to the XV50 I also
need to disconnect the RS-232 line between the K2 and XV50, even though the
XV50 is not ON. Then the K2 works fine on SSB (it always worked fine on CW).

If the 12V power  is plugged into the XV50 the RS232 line does not matter
whether it is plugged into either the K2 or XV50 or both. But if the 12V
power is removed from the XV50 the RS232 must be removed so the K2 works on
SSB.

Maybe over a beer I need to look at the schematics to see what this is all
about. As always, ideas are welcome.

Tnx for all the suggestions. Amazing how much help was offered.

How about those Giants!

73,
N2TK, Tony

  _____