I'm looking for information on connecting a computer headset's boom mic to the
K3 rear mic jack.  I've read through the archives, but it seems the messages
either refer to making connections via the front jack (with its discrete pins
available), or just, "I plugged it in & it worked."  I don't have my K3 yet to
test with.  My following questions are based on the scenario that just plugging
it in doesn't work.

My mic plug is stereo, so I'm assuming its an electret.  The K3's jack is mono,
but apparently has a bias voltage available via the menu.  I'd like to build a
"dongle" (short adapter cable) to interface the mic with the jack.  To preserve
the headset, I don't want to modify its plug or cable.

Does the bias voltage appear on the tip of the K3's jack?  One archived message
indicated that at least some computer mics have both the ring & tip connected
together; I'm at work now & can't test mine.  Would I add a resistor across the
tip & ring lines, and add a small capacitor in-line from the K3's jack tip to
the mic's tip to block DC?

Sorry for what may be a painfully obvious set of questions, but I've never
connected anything but a regular mic to a rig before.  I plan on using the rear
jacks to keep unnecessary cables from cluttering up the front of the rig.

73,

Mike
KW1ND