I have been away from the K2 for a while.  I decided I wanted to get my CW back
into good form and was using the internal keyer with no antenna and power set
to nil (<0.1 watt).
After using it a while, I decided to set the sidetone in to PF1 and make levels
easier to set.  I did that and the next time I poked a button (intended to be
PF1) the sidetone quit and no amount of playing with the menus has made it
return.

Finally the sidetone comes on if I hold PF1 to display the sidetone menu and
then release that and push menu.

At no time does the sidetone act normal.

What next?

Wayne, K9NE
K2  S/N 4858