Hi Jack. I've been up for awhile ;-)

For those who are interested, the data was taken from the Rx antenna input to the IF output. The scales are either 5dB or 10dB/ vertical division, as indicated in the legend at the top of each chart. The markers are at roughly the -3dB points. The behavior of the 40m filter is caused by the 8.215MHz notch filter.

73,
Larry N8LP

Jack Smith wrote:
It's probably too early in the morning for Larry, N8LP, to be up, so I'll mention that he has measured K3 RF filter bandwidth data posted at http://www.telepostinc.com/K3_Stuff.html.

Jack K8ZOA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Doug,

OK...just how wide is the bandwidth when "limited by the K3's BP filters?

For what it's worth...

A quick and very dirty attempt to "simulate" one of the filters using Elsie 2.12 (free version) gave me in the 10m band filter a -3dB width of roughly 2.7MHz, after some tuning -> 40pF trimmers to 32pF. I assumed a Q of 1000 for the capacitors and 200 for the inductors.

Maybe using Elsie or the AADE filter designer might help give you a rough idea, if you can't do simulations with Spice.

vy 73 de toby