Don,
Thanks for the K1 info.
Is there ay reason you cant make the K1 tune higher in freq
by tuning the knob clockwise?
I think the manual said it tunes the other way...

No one makes a 15 turn 10K pot?
That would make it tune nice I suppose..

> A properly operating K2 does not have the problems you suggest - the
> tuning 'pops' are the result of an open RFC15, and it covers all bands.
> The K2 receiver is more sensitive than the K1, so you may want to
> reconsider your choice.]

I was talking about the reported little tics as the rig is tuned, something
switches in the circuit that generates the LO frequency,
I read it in the K2 manual. I never noticed it till I read about it here,
and I cant say it bothered me, but it is there..(or was on my K2)...

I dont think you can get rid of the slight frequency
changes as you change filters, or am I wrong about that?

> > 73,
> Don W3FPR

Thanks for the info, I cant wait to get the K1 to play with
but its back orderd....

Brett
N2DTS