When playing around with the K3 (or should I say: during operational
education) I noticed something that haven't read or seen mentioned
anywhere.

On all bands (except 6m) I can increase the power up to 12.0W in steps of
100mW. With KPA3 on "Bypass" (probably the same without the PA) that's the
top end (firmware controlled as expected). With the KPA3 on "Normal" the
amplifier kicks in just over 12W (relais clicks, RF scale changes) and the
display jumps to 13W. Nothing strange so far.
On 6m however the maximum power with KPA3 on "Bypass" is 8W (probably due
to limitations of the LPA). With the KPA3 on "Normal" the amplifier kicks
in just over 8W and the display jumps to 13W. No possible setting between
8W and 13W. This is the strange bit.
At the moment I do not have a accurate powermeter on hand, so I didn't
measure the output, just looked at the display.

Not a priority issue, maybe a documented fact that I overlooked, but it
would be nice to know if this behaviour is present on all K3's (possible
technical limitation of LPA and/or firmware issue) or just on mine
(possible hardware error or calibration issue)?

Maybe this is also one of "to be changed" items on the famous firmware-list?

PE8E, Ron.

K3 #00201 (incl. KPA3,KAT3,KXV3,various filters)
Firmware: MCU 1.66 DSP 1.52