I know that there has been lots of responses to the microphone compatibility on
this forum but let me comment on this subject on a different light.

When I first became licensed back in 1957 we were expected to, at the very
least, be able to read and interpret schematics, wire up our own rig
interconnections, and in a lot of cases build our own equipment.
Now days that is not necessarily true for quite a few of our fellow radio
amateurs.

Because of the above, it can be quite a challenge for some of us to perform the
necessary research and rewire our mike connectors for the Elecraft K2/K3 rigs.

Many of us would have no problem doing this but we can easily forget that there
are those who are dependent on getting the correct mike for the rig or have
help in changing their connector's wiring to match a rig.

Manufactures are little help as they wire their mic jacks to what pleases them
and it is their right to do so.

The bottom line is lets help those who need it and not criticize them. and for
those who need help get it here or ask a fellow ham.

73
Dave KD1NA