Rich,

I suggest you look closely at the connectors between the control board and the RF board for a poorly soldered or unsoldered connection. Especially pins 35 and 36 of control board P2 and RF board J7. Also pins 1, 2 and 5 of control board P3 and RF board J8. These latter AF control pot lines go to RF Board P1 pins 1, 2 and 3 and Front Panel board J1 pins 1, 2, and 3. The reason I suspect an unsoldered connection is that you caused the problem when you removed/re-installed the control board - and in the process, something moved. An unsoldered connection can work just by physical contact for a while, but will break the connection if it is moved. You can use your ohmmeter to check continuity along all these paths - use the schematic to see where the wire starts and ends up.

73,
Don W3FPR
RICHARD MC KINNEY wrote:
I removed the control board as suggested in 065 of the guide.  Heard relays
click as the book said.  But when I put the control board back in I lost Rx.  I
know it worked good on 40 meters as I played with it a few days after alignment
II procedure.  I can inject a signal on 40 meters and the s meter pegs out but
it is just barely audible in the headphones.  The side tone audio is ok when I
key.  It's like the Rx is muted.  I can touch pin 2 and 3 of the audio amp and
hear finger noise.  This Rx problem is not from something installed wrong as it
worked fine before I removed the control board.  Please somebody tell me I can
just push some button and clear up the Rx problem so I can chase the problem on
Tx.  73 Rich WB4VFN