Many DX load a set of memory freqs. spread over their announced listening
spread and then punch the memory button after each contact, insuring that the
DX will not hear a second caller on the same freq.  73Charles [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:54:46 -0800> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
elecraft@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Decode 1 signal only> > > >
Greg - AB7R wrote:> > > > I havn't used it yet. But it seems to work on the
audio output from the> > radio. If > > > > that's the case it seems it would
only decode signals that are in your RX> > filter BW. > > > > Isolating the
signal you want and narrowing down the filter should give> > you what you > > >
> are looking for....I think. :) > > > There is a two page write up on this
program in the latest RadCom, arrived> today. One of the things it mentioned is
that the program apparently doesn't> work well if any filtering is used. It
wants a wide band input taken from> the IF, not a regular audio output, or its
decoding abilities suffer. Don't> ask me why.> > It's most depressing, reading
how the software helped the author spot the> exact frequency that successful
callers were using, so he could call on the> same frequency and make a contact
with the DX right away, while others> without the software, unable to spot the
exact frequency to call on, went> unanswered. A key skill that allowed the less
well equipped station to get> an advantage over those with more power but less
operating prowess, has been> wiped out by a bit of shareware. :(> > (To
forestall a possible deluge of requests for copies of the article, sorry> but I
don't posssess a scanner, even if I was willing the RSGB's copyright.)> >
-----> Julian, G4ILO K3 s/n: 222 K2 s/n: 392> G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com>
http://www.nabble.com/Decode-1-signal-only-tp15473995p15491147.html> Sent from
the Elecraft mailing list archive at Nabble.com.> >