What would be "nice" is for the speech processor to add variable
pre-emphasis that depends on the amount of compression AND still allow
you to use the equalizer to provide additional tailoring to your
individual voice.  That way you would only need one equalizer setting
that would work for all compression levels.

Al N1AL