EBCDIC!!!  Aaaarrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

Back in the early 1970s, some of our online data equipment had to be able to talk EBCDIC instead of ASCII in order to play nice with IBM systems. I never did learn EBCDIC; I just hoped and prayed it would go away sooner or later.

It did. Sooner.  :-)

Bill

Phil Kane wrote:
 The IBM rep was pounding the table for adoption of their EBCDIC
 code and Bob pounded the table for adoption of the 465-L Field Code.
 Bob won.  It's now called "ASCII" after the initials of the
Committee.