-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ron D'Eau Claire
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2008 10:49 AM
To: 'Björn Mohr'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] K3 AM vs FM filter

For what it's worth, I'm rather astonished by the audio quality of the K3
when receiving AM in "SSB" mode. No typical "SSB sound" at all, and the
tuning allows getting on frequency within a couple of Hz, in the worst case,
so audio frequencies are very accurately reproduced.

Using an external speaker, I've switched between the K3 with the 6 kHz
filter in SSB mode and another good-quality conventional AM receiver and
neither I or visitors can tell whether we're listening to the K3 in SSB mode
or the AM receiver, listening to either music or voice.

I set up my K3 doing Ref Cal using procedure 2 in CW mode, so I can hear
that I've got the K3 tuning calibrated within a Hz or less. Then it's only a
matter of dialing up (or doing direct frequency entry) for the station I
want to be perfectly tuned in.

Ron AC7AC