>         I am sorry to hear that Rob Sherwood's K3 test was
> performed on a rig that may or may not be representative off
> all K3's.

Why would you say that?  The K3 that Sherwood tested would certainly
be representative of the factory built units.  Further, if as claimed,
user alignment ca be done to the same level as the factory without any
specialized test equipment, Sherwood's numbers would be representative.

Finally, since the test was performed with 5 pole filters, some units
may well have better numbers than the one tested.

To arbitrarily dismiss this test as non-representative smacks of a
troll.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV