Hi Charles,

at our contest QTH we have low loss band pass filters between the transceiver and the PA <http://www.bavarian-contest-club.de/projects/bandpassfilter/100W-BP.pdf> (in German).

These filters protect the the receivers on other bands, e.g. we have a multi-band beam and a 40m beam close together on the same tower, and when transmitting on one of the antennas several watts come back on the other antenna. Also they cut down the wide band phase noise.

4O3A uses filters at the kW level to do the same. When I was in Montenegro at Ranko's station, he had the prototypes in test and they worked surprisingly well. <http://www.yt6a.com/en/hi-power-filters/high-power-band-pass-hf-filters.html>.

desensed nearly to zero

I do not know if this has been implemented yet, but Wayne was planning on watching the return power during reception, so that he could protect the front end of the K3. Maybe this could be part of what you are observing.

vy 73 de toby