Is there interest among the group for the necessary parts to input a
disciplined 10MHz signal to control frequency? We all know there is a place
holder on the back panel, but Gary just told me there were no plans.

I'm really hoping for this option. I use a Hewlett-Packard 58540A GPSDO for use with my IC-7800. Long-term accuracy when GPS-locked is typically 1E-12. That's essentially the same accuracy as the atomic cesium beam standards used on board the GPS satellites.

Most GPSDOs are not known for their ultra-high phase noise performance. Still, the SC-cut OCXOs as used in the HP Z3801A, HP Z3816A, and HP 58540A units are typically -145 dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset. On the used market, expect to pay USD $300-$800. However, there is one relatively new, compact GPSDO from Jackson Labs that has hit the market and offers excellent phase noise performance for a GPSDO.:

http://www.jackson-labs.com/docs/Fury_Flyer.pdf

Even better phase noise performance (e.g., -165 dBc/Hz @ 1 kHz) can be had through the use of non-GPS-disciplined OCXOs. For example, Wenzel makes highly accurate OCXOs with phase noise specs that are typically 0-15 dB better than the GPSDO types.

http://www.wenzel.com/pdffiles1/Oscillators/Comp.pdf

With either of these types, one simply connects the output of the OCXO to the 10MHz reference input on the transceiver with one cable. The OCXO is powered from a low-voltage DC power source. Although the K3 may not be capable of resolving to 1E-12 accuracy, you can be rest assured that when using either of these oscillator types that your signal will be the new frequency standard on the bands.

Paul, W9AC