To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:46 PM
Subject: Elecraft Digest, Vol 46, Issue 43

Message: 6
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 12:41:47 +0100
From: Alexandr Kobranov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Elecraft] "Auto CW" function
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net

Hello all,
is there some support for request for "AUTO CW ON/OFF" firmware
function as some rigs are having (FT-897)?

It means SSB mode choosed, RX in SSB mode normally but when Key  is
activated (touched for CW sending) there is automatic shift of carrier
and CW is transmitted (as in standard CW mode, SEMI or FULL-BK etc.)
then going back to SSB mode for RX. Hope you understand :-)

This is very useful during UHF/SHF contests (with transverters) when
calling CW CQ but takers are calling in SSB (mostly or very often). No
need for switching mode (you have SSB all the time) and to touch dial
knob to reply etc. Very comfortable and (I hope) not so serious for
firmware.
I know this is very special and on HF bands there is probably no
reason for such function, my experience is based on serious contesting
on higher bands (1296 and up).

If this is already somewhere inside and I missed something and my
sorry for this Q.

73!
Lexa, ok1dst
K3 ????