Hi Bob,

> I have yet to hear a K3 but no one else has noticed such problems?

A small yes and a big no.

Several BCC members (DD5FZ, DL6RAI, DK4YJ, DG7RO usw.) feel that the speech processor is not as "effective" as it could be and that for contesting the modulation is too "nice" and needs more "punch". Apart from this minor gripe (I just got home from CQWW 160m SSB) K3 #67 does very very well indeed in SSB, TX as well as RX. See:

<http://www.bavarian-contest-club.de/projects/K3.pdf> or
<http://www.bavarian-contest-club.de/projects/K3_english.pdf>

<happy_dance>
We worked VP6DX on 160m in SSB after our local sunrise...
</happy_dance>

vy 73 de toby
--
DD5FZ (ex 4n6fz, dj7mgq, dg5mgq, dd5fz)