A review should evaluate an item that is in normal
working order, true?

This is because warranty defects are resolved in the
service process, which would be reviewed under
manufacturers service reviews on eHam.

Sadly, I've read numerous 0/5 posts that were written
as "punishment" or a public shaming by someone that
was unhappy that their new toy required service. Icom
had lots of these.

Sadly, there are no standards for reviews on eHam, I
could post today 0/5 because I don't like the way the
radio smells.

Neither are there standard for whom may post, my
neigbors backwoods cousin may post anonymously. By the
way, this man is a retailer with a glut of competing
product. ;-)

As for solardx, my guess is that the Sherwood numbers
may have pushed someone that already had a raw nerve
over the edge. ;-)

So why would K3 be any different? It won't, this is
life in the fast lane.

I got 2 microphones connected this weekend, a Shure
444 up front with the low impedance interface, and a
preamplified D104 in the back using the remote PTT and
a HI impedance setting. They can both sit in front of
you, and switching is as simple at turning a knob.
Both microphones do quite well, as does the monitor
function in adjusting the Tx EQ. The transceiver is a
joy to use on phone, and I'm not generally inclined
that way. If you do any phone at all on the K2, I'd
highly recommend K3 if you can swing it...