Hi,

I installed the K60XV in my K2 and while checking the output I discovered that when I increase the power control the output follows the control until I reach about .85 mW out then the output jumps to 2.7mW and stays there.

When I bring the control back down, the output remains at 2.7mW until I reach about .65mW on the LCD screen.

I have checked that all components are in the correct places and that the diodes are properly oriented and all solder joints are good.

I did a quick in-circuit check in the diodes and an out of circuit check on Q2 - all check OK.

I checked the voltage change on the VRFDET line and it does the same thing as the power output - it increases smoothly until the output jumps to m2.7mW and then remains constant at a little over 3V.

Before I go any further or bother the very busy folks at Elecraft I thought I would see if anyone on the reflector has run into the problem.

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Larry Ingram  AG4NN

K2 SN 2529

ps - all upgrades have been done on the K2