Sorry to say but after many days trying I could not work VP6DX from home using my K3 , 100 watts and either my 5 band spiderbeam or my HF9V. I had to go to the club shack ( VK6ANC ) to work them on 20 and 80 mtrs ssb with " 400 watts" All this talk of how easy it was on qrp is amazing as everyone here in Western Australia has complained how weak they were and how hard it was to hear then, let alone get through. Looking at their logs for VK6 it seems very few of us got them on more than 2 bands and some on only one. It reinforces the fact we have known for many years here, the lower part of Zone 29 is one of the hardest places to get signals into the south pacific and South America. I had worked virtually all of South America from G land before I emigrated in 1987 ... on 10 mtrs FM, so far in 20 + years in Western Australia I've worked a total of 4 South American countries on any band !! And Brazil was on AO-40 !!
You guys enjoy the mojo I will have to wait a few more years yet I think :(
73
Keith VK6XH

--
Keith VK6XH / VK6DXR Secretary Northern Corridor Radio Group Inc VK6ANC
Chairman WIA VK6 Advisory Committee.