> But that's interesting that you describe it as an enhancement....
> perhaps I am getting confused ... since there are rumors, which
> I have been instructed to accept as facts, that there may be a
> problem.  Perhaps that's a different issue.

The issue here is a change in the level at which the hardware AGC
begins to take effect.  There is no "problem" - hardware AGC works
as designed.  However, HAGC may begin acting at a lower level than
absolutely necessary to protect the DSP chip - the design was
conservative.

If you are following those parts of the discussion that field
testers have allowed to slip in public, it may be possible to
increase the HACG threshold and reduce the somewhat to reduce
the "blocking" effect of strong signals inside the roofing
filter but outside the DSP filter bandwidth without reducing
the close spaced IMDDR.

The radio is not defective - this is not a fix.  This is an
improvement that may not even be necessary if you are using
"matched" roofing filters - roofing filters with bandwidth
similar to the DSP filter.  However, not every user will need
or want to load the receiver with roofing filters.  Optimizing
the HAGC threshold will provide better performance in the
unique situation of "unmatched" filter bandwidth.

The K3 is not LINUX - it's not open source development and/or
GPL.  Elecraft are a business and have no legal or moral
obligation to make any disclosure or seek your approval before
working on a product improvement.