Scott,

Use what was sent. The body color is a poor method of identifying components because the manufacturer of the component can change the body color at the drop of a hat.

The references to component body color is slowly being purged from the manuals, but that takes time. Be certain to read the errata sheet, sometimes information like that is covered in the errata.

73,
Don W3FPR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
I'm building my second K2 and have a question that I hope someone
can help me with.
I was missing some parts and ask the parts dept. to send them to
me. Four of them were RFC-4, RFC-5, RFC-8, and RFC-9, all solelnoidal chokes on the RF board. The manual calls for them
to have green bodies. The ones the parts dept. sent me have tan
bodies, so I suspect they are not solenoidal chokes. They are
of the correct value.
My question is should I use the ones with tan bodies are have
the Elecraft parts dept. try again? Thanks
Scott N5SM